Controlling Your Home, Business, and Utility Bills
A programmable thermostat will allow you to program your thermostat at different temperatures throughout the day and night which will allow you to save money on your utility bills. The rule of the thumb is you can save about 3% on your heating bill for every degree you set back your thermostat. Other benefits include:
- Feature a digital or manual switch to turn on the furnace blower for air circulation, even when the system isn’t heating or cooling.
- A user-programmable air filter change reminder; this counts the actual accumulated run-time of the heating/cooling system.
A WIFI thermostat is a programmable thermostat that can be controlled with any computer or mobile device that has an Internet connection. These thermostats are even able to monitor the system to determine whether service is needed. Some significant benefits associated with using this type of thermostat include:
- You can adjust the temperature in your home from the office, a restaurant or even on vacation.
- The programmable feature allows homeowners to adjust the temperature for times they will be away from home or spending a lot of time outside to reduce heating and cooling use.
- Apps that offer remote access to a WIFI thermostat can be downloaded for free. These apps are available on Apple and Android devices.
- Able to send periodic reminders to check air filters. These reminders are based on the amount of time that the system is actually in use.
- The WIFI capabilities of this type of thermostat allows any updates to be automatically installed, insuring the latest features are always at your fingertips.
For more information about Thermostats, call Bay Area 410-636-6400!